This conference will provide a platform for experts from the international community, as well as key South African role players, in the field of higher education data analytics to engage in conversations around evidence-based practices and national systemic interventions aimed at student success.
Call for proposals:
1 March 2023 - 31 May 2023
Notification of Acceptance:
15 June 2023
1 May - 15 June 2023
Call for proposals
We invite proposals from a range of disciplines (such as ethics, learning design, academic advising and STEM fields) that make use of data to support an integrative approach for student success.
Proposals should, ideally, demonstrate the application of learnings from the Siyaphumelela programme in their project and present empirical evidence of the intervention improving student success.
We encourage authors to include student authors.
In particular we are keen to receive proposals of innovative projects that:
● Explore factors to achieve equality and social justice in education.
● Whole-university engagement in student success.
In addition, the conference is interested in:
● Leadership and innovation for student success especially related to equality, social justice and Holistic Student Success efforts
● The role of students in shaping student success
● Contemporary learning design for HE and TVET institutions to improve student success
● Institutional propectives supporting student success