Umalusi Call for Research Collaboration
Umalusi, the quality assurance body of education provision, invites researchers to collaborate in a study involving all South African public universities and which is aimed at evaluating the ability of the NSC results to act as predictors of academic success at education institutions.
Closing date for applications is on the 28th April 2017. Please see the letter of invitation here.
- Saide Site visits to Wits and NMMU
- Ethics Symposium Oct 2016
- Using evidence to improve and support student transitions at the University of the Free State.
- Resources from the February 2016 visit of the Siyaphumelela partners to GSU and Achieving the Dream conference
- Reconceptualising equality and equity in relation to student success
- Siyaphumelela Conference 2016
- Student advising and use of national data : a way forward.
Jun 29, 2017. A report back from the Siyaphumelela workstreams. Presented at the Siyaphumelela Conference 2017 by Prof Alan Amory and Prof Francois Strydom on June 29th .
- Making the most of a healthy change in education
Jun 29, 2017. Keynote by Dr . Mark Milliron , Civitas Learning Inc. at the 2017 Siyaphumelela Conference.
- Interactive Open Educational Resources: A Guide to Finding, Choosing, and Using What’s Out There to Transform College Teaching
Jul 21, 2017. Book review of this guide for HE professionals designed to identify , integrate and assess interactive open educational resources(OERs).
- Getting Ideas into Action Statway and Quantway Networked Improvement Communities
Jul 20, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, Keynote by Dr. Bernadine Chuck Fong and Prof. Andre.L. Freeman
- Building capacity for student success through the University Capacity Development Programme
Jun 28, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, Keynote Dr. Whitfield Green (DHET)
- Use of National Data (Workstream Report Back)
Jun 29, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017: Workstream report back session by Alan Amory and Francois Strydom
- Residences also play a role in supporting students in the academic realm
Jun 29, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, paper presentation in 2nd PM parallel session, Boundary room. Authors/Presenter: Beverly Willemse (NMU)
- Residence Educational Programme (REP): Facilitating Student Learning in DUT Residences
Jun 29, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, paper presentation in 2nd PM parallel session, Boundary room. Authors/Presenter: Ntokozo Zulu and Thengani Ngwenya
- Predicting academic success using logistic regression on biographical data
Jun 29, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, paper presentation in 2nd PM parallel session, Boundary room. Authors/Presenter: Innocent Mamvura (WITS)
- Learning strategies to move the "murky middle" of students in first year biology
Jun 29, 2017. Siyaphumelela Conference 2017, paper presentation in 2nd PM parallel session, Marathon room. Authors/Presenter: Marietjie Potgieter, Angelique Kritzinger and Juan-Claude Lemmens(UP)
- Digital Ethics Lab
Based at Oxford University, the lab seeks to tackle the ethical challenges posed by digital innovation. The goal is to identify the benefits and enhance the positive opportunities of digital innovation as a force for good, and avoid or mitigate its risks and shortcomings.
- Carnegie Maths Pathways
A website dedicated to the Carnegie Math Pathways which allows one to sign up as an Explorer to learn more about their approach and impact, review their curriculum and instructor resources, and more.
- Higher Education Data Analyser
HEMIS Data presented through a dashboard
- Student Success Plan (SSP)
SSP is designed to improve retention, academic performance, persistence, graduation rates, and time to degree. The open source SSP case management software supports a holistic coaching and counseling model which expedites proactive interventions for stude
- Council on Higher Education (CHE)
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) is an independent statutory body established in May 1998 in terms of the Higher Education Act (Act No 101 of 1997),and it functions as the Quality Council for Higher Education in South Africa.
- Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)
The Department of Higher Education was created in 2009 and is responsible for tertiary education, post-schooling and skills development in South Africa.
- Data Analysis and Data Visualisation Resources (OER Commons)
ISKME created OER Commons, launched in 2007, to support and build a knowledge base around the use and reuse of open educational resources (OER). As a network for teaching and learning materials, the site offers engagement with resources for curriculum ali
- Next Generation Learning - Resources on Learning Analytics
Next Generation Learning Challenges is a collaborative, multi-year initiative created to address the barriers to educational innovation and tap the potential of technology to dramatically improve college readiness and completion in the United States. This
- Learning and Knowledge Analytics Course Site
This site is devoted to learning and knowledge analytics – a growing area of interest to educators, administrators, and entrepreneurs.
- EDUCAUSE Learning Analytics Library
The EDUCAUSE Library is the preeminent clearing house for information about timely topics and research supporting the use and management of technology in higher education.